At Learning Tools, we use the Davis® Methods. The programs utilize methods that match a dyslexic’s strengths. Hands-on, three-dimensional, and creative activities guide the student to gain significant improvement.
All program work with a student is conducted one-on-one with the facilitator.
Throughout the programs, the students are given tools to assist them. The tools, techniques, and procedures are unique and differ from traditional classrooms so students find these fun to do.
Clay is one of the main mediums used, allowing the student to use natural strengths of creativity, artistry, and visual-spatial thought process. Clay provides the ability to create and explore experientially, their own 3-dimensional pictures for unclear or unknown words and concepts.
Current Davis Programs offerred:
- Davis® Dyslexia Correction Program – Language arts concentration
- Davis® Math Mastery Program – Math computation and concept concentration
- Davis® Attention Mastery Program – Focusing attention, executive functioning
- Davis® Reading Program for Young Learners – Foundational skills for reading development with parental participation commitment
Online screening from the Davis Dyslexia Association is available through this link: Dyslexia Test/Online Screening.
An in-person assessment and screening is done at the first meeting to ensure that a Davis Program will be appropriate for the student.
Sophia provides Dyslexia Coaching as an hourly consultant to parents, grandparents, teachers, and coaches.
What to expect in a program:
- Tools to focus and correct perception and disorientation will be taught.
- Student will learn how to master the basic symbols for reading and writing by creating the alphabet and abstract words using clay.
- The student will learn to master words that have previously given them troubles and have triggered disorientations.
- They will learn skills and exercises along the way to help them in their studies.
- The program is intensive, but fun, and presented in (typically) 5 consecutive days.
- Students resolve numerous confusions before the week’s end, allowing them to return to classroom the following week with new strategies and skills to better achieve academic success.
- Student will apply the skills at home based on activity schedule determined in Support Training.
- Students leave the program with the ability to focus attention at will, to regulate their energy, to recognize and eliminate disorientations as well as increased self-confidence and ability in reading, writing, or math.
- A typical program will provide for a significant improvement by the last day of the program.
- After the program the student will implement the tools into everyday life, as well as do Davis Symbol Mastery® follow-up on trigger words, which is necessary to ensure continued success with the program.
Intrigued? Contact US!
Wondering if this program the right fit?
Call for a free phone consultation 206-451-7102 or email to schedule an appointment firstname.lastname@example.org. Assessment includes separate time with both the student and the parent(s) and determines needs, goals, and compatibility with a potential Davis® program.
In addition to contacting me directly, reading The Gift of Dyslexia, by Ronald D. Davis: Better understand the dyslexic learner (or visual-spatial) or read The Gift of Learning, by Ronald D. Davis: Outlines dyslexic (or visual-spatial) learner and handwriting, math, and attention deficit issues. By reading the first couple of chapters you will see if you relate to it and how it resonates with you.
Professional services described as Davis®, Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis Symbol Mastery®, Davis Orientation Counseling®, and Davis Math Mastery® may only be provided by persons who are employed by a licensed Davis Specialist, or who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators by Davis Dyslexia Association International.