A Davis Attention Mastery Program provides a drug-free solution to ADD/ADHD.
Individuals who are labeled or diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD) tend to be highly imaginative and creative thinkers. Often they have difficulty harnessing their ideas and translating thought to action. They know what they want to accomplish, but struggle when it comes to completing tasks and establishing organization in their lives.
The attention mastery program uses concept mastery which is a system of guided modeling of concepts, that enables individuals to develop personal insight and understanding into their self-created barriers through exploring concepts such as consequence, order, and responsibility.
The program will address persistent characteristics associated with inattention and lack of focus. Lack of focus (or a state of disorientation as we call it) is the core issue for those with ADD or ADHD because it undermines conceptual understanding. Learning Tools can help with tools that will make focusing quick and easy.
Developed for children (approximately age 8 and above), teens, and adults.
This program is recommended for students who:
- have completed the Davis® Dyslexia Correction Program but need additional assistance to resolve areas of attention/focus.
- are primarily motivated to resolve difficulties with attention, behavioral issues, and /or social interactions
Skills learned and strengthened:
- To create and monitor a focused state at will
- To self-regulate energy levels to appropriately match the task at hand
- To improve balance and coordination
- To understand one’s own learning style and recognize its gifts
- Increased self-esteem
- Mastery and internalization of concepts directly related to problems with focusing, staying on task, organization, and social interactions
- Acquire meaning of basic concepts: Self, Change, Consequence, Cause/Effect, Before/After, Time, Sequence, Order vs. Disorder
- Application of concepts to real-life situations